Our brother-in-law Andrew’s great great grandfather, Edward Fischer, was a silversmith in Geelong in the late 1800’s and we attended an exhibition of some of his fine work at the Geelong Gallery on Queens Birthday long-weekend (9 June 2019).
Edward Fischer (1828-1911) migrated to Australia from Vienna in the early 1850s, and settled into business as a jeweller in Geelong… read more
Edward settled in Torquay in 1888 after he purchased a property called Springtide in Rudd Avenue.
We travelled to Torquay, with our caravan, for the weekend staying in the Torquay Foreshore Caravan Park and then joining the Fischer clan for the expo on the Sunday. It was fantastic to be included in this special day. We completed this mini trip with a stay in the Barwon Heads Caravan Park for a few days.
- Learn about Edward Fischer (Carters website)
- Geelong gold cup, Edward Fischer & Fred Woodhouse (Culture Vic website)
- Torquay History – Edward Fischer
- Sacred Heart College Archive – Treasures – The Fischer Ciborium
- Images found on Google about Edward Fischer
Our caravan park photos…